Pilot-RC: Extra 330Sc (107") Pilot-RC: Extra 330Sc (107″)

Extra 330Sc (107″)

Having been flying this model for two years already, in the orange scheme,when it was time to replace it there could only be one choice… The same one again! Very similar at least! With the help of PilotRc and AcroRc I built my new 107” Extra 330Sc, this time in green. The setup was easy, having tried all the components previously I knew it would give me the best possible results.


Setup:

(x1) Motor: GP Engines 123cc

(x2) Exhausts: MTW-Silencer TD80K

(x1) Propellor: GP Engines 27-12 Carbono

(x1) Powerbox: Powerbox-Systems Mercury SRS

(x8) Servos:

(x4) Ailerons: Hv777 by MKS Servos

(x2) Elevators: Hv777 by Servos

(x1) Rudder : Hbl380 X8 by MKS Servos

(x1) Motor: Hv737 by MKS Servos

(x2) Batteries: OptiPower 3.500mAh 2S

(x2) Receivers: Futaba R6203SB

Accessories:

(x1) Scale pilot 35% by G-force Aircraft

(x1) Powerbox-Systems smoke pump

(x1) Sparkswitch by Powerbox-Systems

(x7) Alu Secraft servo arms (1,5” ailerons and rudder // 1,75” elevator)

(x1) Lightweight premium servo wire by Powerbox-Systems

(x2) Conector two4one by Powerbox-Systems (MPX)

The build was easy, having already built my previous model. This version even came with the firewall already installed, resulting in just a few holes being required and everything being bolted straight on using the required spacers.

Following the successful modification of the orange Extra to install the rudder servo in the tail of the fuselage, I did the same again this time, giving very positive feedback on the rudder. This eliminates the need for pull pull wires, and also leaves the rudder servo tray under the canopy free to install the powerbox on.

On my return from Anji, China I had a new set of wings and elevators built by PilotRc. With a new profile and very different surface sizes and shapes.

The result of these new surfaces are just as hoped. More aggressive than the original, but also easier to set up than my previous oversized attempt.

I am really loving this model, something that I am sure you will see in the photos and videos as well as live at the years events!

Extra 330Sc (107″)

Llevando ya dos años con esta maravilla de avión, en su decoración naranja, cuando este se dio por vencido su sustituto fue una elección muy sencilla… Otro igual!  O casi…Con la ayuda de PilotRc y AcroRc monté un nuevo Extra 330Sc 107”, esta vez verde. El equipo la tenía muy claro de todo lo probado anteriormente y las exigencias propias personales así como las del modelo.

Equipo:
(x1) Motor: GP Engines 123cc
(x2) Escapes: MTW-Silencer TD80K
(x1) Hélice: GP Engines 27-12 Carbono
(x1) Centralita: Powerbox-Systems Mercury SRS

(x8) Servos:
(x4) Alerones: Hv777 de MKS Servos
(x2) Profundidades: Hv777 de MKS Servos
(x1) Dirección: Hbl380 X8 de MKS Servos
(x1) Motor: Hv737 de MKS Servos
(x2) Baterías: OptiPower 3.500mAh 2S
(x2) Receptores: Futaba R6203SB

Accesorios:
(x1) Muñeco 35% de G-force Aircraft
(x1) Bomba de humo de Powerbox-Systems
(x1) Sparkswitch de Powerbox-Systems
(x7) Brazos de servo de Alu Secraft (1,5” alerones y deriva // 1,75” profundidad)
(x1) Cable de servo ligero Powerbox-Systems
(x2) Conector two4one Powerbox-Systems (conector MPX)

El montaje fue muy sencillo, conociendo además todas las características del modelo.  Además esta última versión viene con el parallamas ya pegado en su sitio, por tanto es sólo cuestión de taladrar y atornillar el motor en el lugar indicado, usando los separadores que sean necesarios.

Tras la modificación exitosa en el naranja, este ya trae de serie un hueco en el fuselaje donde instalar el servo de dirección en la cola, permitiendo una respuesta mucho más directa que con pull-pull, dejando libre además toda la bandeja del fuselaje para la instalación de la centralita y receptores.

Al volver de Anji, China encargué una nueva versión de alas y profundidades que había diseñado en conjunto con PilotRc, concretamente con otro perfil y superficie de mando.

El resultado de las nuevas superficies son justo las deseadas.  Más agresivo que el original, pero también más llevadero y preciso que la anterior prueba en el cual habíamos hecho las superficies demasiado grandes.

El conjunto de componentes ha dado un resultado mucho mejor incluso que de lo que yo mismo esperaba.  Es una máquina totalmente distinta, muy mejorada, comparado con el naranja que tuve anterior.

Ya estoy disfrutando muchísimo de este modelo, seguro que esto mismo lo veréis en próximas fotos, videos y eventos!

Media:

Share

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *